Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 2015

AM: 
- worked on the wrist developer (David Horne's world of grip)



- gripper workout, TNS lighter grippers and MMS closes up to CoC 2.5 -128lbs, MMS attempt x 3 CoC3 -148 lbs (missed)

PM:
I went to the climbing gym only to find out it was closed (july 4th tomorrow), so I went to my regular gym:

- decline bench press light wt 60-85 kg for reps (10+), I feel this exercise helps a lot with muscle ups

- preacher curl machine 1 arm pulls elbow lock position (devon larratt hook exercise) up to 110 lbs Left and 140 lbs with my R, first time doing this on the machine and I liked it because the direction of pull is very similar to arm wrestling vs. with the dumbbell where the directional force is towards the ground. Also, the rotating handle allows to train both hook or top roll.You can actually shift your body exactly like if you were arm wrestling and even use the elbow pad on the opposite side as a hand peg for the opposite hand.
Here's a similar machine I practiced on the day after at another gym


 -Gripper machine up to 160lbs one arm x8 and 180 lbs on arm grip isometrics

-Light cardio punching heavy bag 

- 2 sets one arm lock off at pullup bar alternating R and L for time, I believe I did 30-40 sec first set

- 1 set as above + 25 lbs for time

-10 sec rest and then 6 muscle ups 


No comments:

Post a Comment