Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 24, 2015

new PR with the adjustable thick bar today at 256/ 116.3 kg. Not sure if the 271 attempt was 10 inches so I don't count that as a good lift. I'm happy I was able to lift the 276 off the floor.

other things I did today:
- 2.5 crusher up to 136, 141 attempt didn't look as good as last time's
- one hand pinch 2" block alternating r and l for reps up 67 lb then dropped to 62 and then 57. My pinch grip didn't feel very strong today. I've been able to lift more than my BW with two hands last week but my one hand pinch is much less than 50% of that even with my strongest hand. Maybe the technique with both hands makes it easier and accounts for the difference?
- wrist curls 25 lb plates neutral to flexion about 8 reps each side for a few sets
- wrist curls with 2" block at cable machine neutral to flexion, don't remember the wt I used but this felt that it worked the fingers and thumb very good, planning on doing it more often, I believe it will help a lot with pinch lifts
- did some random gripper training, some TNS attempts coc2 off hand and attempted my Elite hybrid 189 lb from 17 mm chocked.
It's not clear from the vid if the CoC2 was a close, the Elite hybrid 189 is the heaviest gripper I have attempted to close choked, happy I was able to close it more than 10mm. At this point I don't know if the choker work helps me or not with MMS closes, planning on attempting regular closes of grippers in the 150s later this week.

- arm curls both hands with 50 lb blob I got from Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment